Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: STJ Process  (Read 655 times)

Offline dmdaven2

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
STJ Process
« on: March 29, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
Can anyone shed some details of an appeal to this level? Has anyone had their case go there before?

Let me know
Devon Davenport - Father of Nadia Lynn ;)

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Re: STJ Process
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
Devon,
I wrote this article last year. I doubt it answers all of your questions, but I'm sure it will help.

http://bringseanhome.org/?page_id=2128

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:59:43 PM »
Can anyone shed some details of an appeal to this level? Has anyone had their case go there before?

Let me know

Look at the Kelvin Birotte and Francois Larivee cases and you will see how the STJ usually handles these Hague abduction cases. Unfortunately they sit on these appeals for years. STJ is also the home of Judge Nancy Andrighi, who unfortunately has a history of ignoring the Hague Convention and pressuring the left-behind parent into mediation/arbitration to resolve the case, rather than follow the law and uphold the return order from the lower courts.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:30:46 PM »
Look at the Kelvin Birotte and Francois Larivee cases and you will see how the STJ usually handles these Hague abduction cases. Unfortunately they sit on these appeals for years. STJ is also the home of Judge Nancy Andrighi, who unfortunately has a history of ignoring the Hague Convention and pressuring the left-behind parent into mediation/arbitration to resolve the case, rather than follow the law and uphold the return order from the lower courts.

Andrighi should look at this case differently. The abductor is more American than Brazilian and her primary, if not only, language is English.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi