Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Andrew Ko is in the Air - Return from Singapore of William & Christopher  (Read 6881 times)

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
Received an email from Andrew - he was in the departure lounge of Cathay Pacific at Changi, Singapore - by now he's wheels up with his twin sons, William and Christopher and somewhere over the Pacific.

http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com/2011/03/andrew-ko-flying-abducted-twin-sons.html

They are due in at LAX at just after 9am (PST)
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline M.Capestro

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
  • Twitter: @Capestro
Such wonderful news -- but so much ahead for them.

"It is going to be a long road to normal."

"The journey for the boys is now starting.  We will need your prayers, suggestions (which sometimes I might not listen to), and lots of love to get the boys back to the way they were.  Thank  you all for your help and support."

My prayers are with you, Andrew. God has brought you back together - be patient and steadfast and the rest will follow.

Offline liesl78

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
I saw it on twitter and rushed over here. I'm so happy!

Now the healing begins...
Liesl78
BringSeanHome.org

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
I saw it on twitter and rushed over here. I'm so happy!

Now the healing begins...

Great news for Andrew and his boys!

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
Hooray!

Offline ANALE

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.  It looks like it will be a tough road ahead but love will prevail.  Wishing you a safe trip!!

Offline JuliRosi

• Veteran Member
Great news! I am very happy!  :yeahthat

Offline KarlHindle

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
they landed in Hong Kong an hour ago and are waiting for the final leg home
Emily's Dad - Karl Hindle
karl4work@gmail.com
http://emilyrosehindle.blogspot.com
‘Who gives a damn about the credit?’ Do what is right and the chips fall into place.” Congressman Chris Smith

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
they landed in Hong Kong an hour ago and are waiting for the final leg home

Woo Hoo!  :biggrin  Call me a cynic but I never believe it's real until they are actually out of the country
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline LukieD

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • http://bringseanhome.org
Best news we've had in a long time. And as persistent, dedicated and devoted to those two boys as Andrew is, let's give credit to Singapore for making this happen. The judges that issued the return order and denied the request for a stay were not in the mood for any more BS from this mother -- thankfully!

Offline NoansDad

• Left Behind Parent
Have to agree LukieD. Full credit to the judge for not wasting anymore time with BS. Most of these cases would be resolved and handled in 1 week if the judges just stood up to the plate and said 'enough BS'.

And it is always the same BS! Over and over again. When my son was first taken to Brazil I went to the Brazil embassy in Miami. Someone at the consulate came out to speak to me. I said, "My wife has taken my son to Brasil and not come back" and then before I got out another word he literally repeated my story, "She has taken many trips to Brazil, she always has excuses for coming back later than planned, she made you send all your money to Brazil and you have no idea where it is and she doesn't give you access, etc. etc." Don't the judges see it time and time again and work it out as well.

I am full of praise for the Judge in Singapore. Full of praise. If we can find out who he is I suggest we send him some sort of notification of our (the worlds) appreciation of his courage and his strength to make that decision when so many others have not.
Noan, your Dad loves you and misses you every single day.

Offline lovellboys

• Veteran Member
  • @lovellboys
Best news we've had in a long time. And as persistent, dedicated and devoted to those two boys as Andrew is, let's give credit to Singapore for making this happen. The judges that issued the return order and denied the request for a stay were not in the mood for any more BS from this mother -- thankfully!

All in spite of the fact that the Hague Treaty was not used to order the return.   Impressive.

Offline ANALE

Could we comehow clone this judge and spread him/her around the world to all the non-compliant countries?

Offline rduffiel

Wonderful news.
Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers.  ~Alfred Lord Tennyson

Rose

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
Excellent news that the boys are going home!  :biggrin

It broke my heart to read about how alienated the children had become, which I sadly know is the case for many abducted children. They will certainly be in my prayers as they work on what Andrew is calling the long road to normal. It is a shame the children's mother refused to return to the US with the children as she chose to give up being involved in the day to day aspects of their lives. I'm not saying that she is a good influence on them at all from her actions, but the fact that any parent would choose to be apart from their children for the long term (I don't mean those in military families or other unique situations like only finding a job far away and visiting as able) speaks volumes.