Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The opposing legal team and their tactics  (Read 18202 times)

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
The opposing legal team and their tactics
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »
I am introducing Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski's legal team to shed light on the tactics that they have used so far.  I have drawn my own opinions and conclusions based on their behavior but I would like everyone to make up their own mind.  I am not sure if this is normal in the Dominican Republic but it seems highly un-ethical.

Sandra Zemialkowski's legal team consists of two people according to the first hearing that was held in my case on March 11th, 2010 in the Dominican Republic.  The team consists of 1 Attorney and her assistant.

Attorney Dilia Leticia Jorge Mera
The primary Attorney in the case is Attorney Dilia Leticia Jorge Mera.  Attorney Mera is an Attorney registered with the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.  You can see her profile here:  http://www.iaml.org/members_data/profile/diliajorgemera/index.html?refer=/members/index.html

Attorney Mera apparently has experience with the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.   She is a fan of David Goldman's Attorney, apparently having met her in person, and apparently followed David's case, according to her blog:  http://familiaymas-dilia.blogspot.com/

Attorney Mera also was apparently an Interim Judge for the Tribunal of Boys, Girls and Adolescents of the National District which is also known as CONANI.  CONANI is the designated Central Authority for the Dominican Republic.

Jose Grullon, Assistant to Dilia Leticia Jorge Mera
The second member of the legal team is named Jose Grullon.  He is apparently an Assistant to Attorney Mera.  Mr. Grullon has posted several messages to this forum regarding my case. 

Mr. Grullon, in his posts initially claimed to be taking an 'academic' interest in Kali Soleil’s abduction.   I have since learned that Mr. Grullon in an interview with a local newspaper, the Daily Hampshire Gazette, which ran a series of articles on my case, claimed to be Sandra Zemialkowski’s Attorney.  These articles have been posted in the thread titled “News Articles” that are part of this forum.  Mr. Grullon also has identified himself as an Attorney to the Massachusetts Northwestern District Attorney’s Office.   

The Northwestern District Attorney’s office is handling the criminal case of kidnapping against Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski.

Mr. Grullon, in the initial hearing in my case held on March 11th was introduced to the court as an assistant to Attorney Mera.

Private emails and allegations of fraud
Mr. Grullon apparently a member of Sandra’s legal team has sent me several emails over the course of the last 6 weeks.   

Below is a copy of these emails (ordered according to the date I received them), to which I have never responded:

Hello Again
Mon, February 15, 2010 12:54:03 PM

[Email addresses removed]      
________________________ ________________
Dhan, it's amazing what you can find at a Dominican prison these days.

See you later, have a good one !!

JG

=========================
Hello, Good Night Dhan
Mon, February 15, 2010 9:04:01 PM

BTW, why did you block me off your facebook?

I thought that we were getting along pretty well.

Can't stand the truth Dhan?

Is not the same thing when you get a response?

I know where your daughter is, if you want the details just let me know, I'll be waiting

JG
==========================
Hello
Tue, February 16, 2010 9:43:47 PM

Chopa1.jpg (16KB)  View Image     
Hi Dhan

How was your day today? Did you have a good day? Were you cold over there?

Over here it's nice and warm. I think you'll love our weather.

BTW, do you know this MAN?

===================================================
Good Night
Wed, February 17, 2010 11:11:42 PM

Hi Dhan

Just wanted to wish you a good night's sleep

You must be very happy that "your case" is drawing attention, although I'm not sure this is the kind of "attention" that you wanted.

I resent that you feel that I have been taunting you. I just wanted to be your friend and I'm working SOOO hard so you can REALLY have your day in court.

No hard feelings

Jose
==========================================================
Hi, how's work?
Thu, February 18, 2010 12:16:53 PM

Hi Dhan, how are you doing?

How's WORK?

JG
===================================

Hello
Fri, February 19, 2010 11:24:58 AM

Hi Fraud how are you doing today?

Tic, toc... tic, toc...

JG

==================================================

Re: FW: Hello, Good Night Dhan
Mon, March 15, 2010 8:34:51 PM

Sr. Suero

Si mal no recuerdo Ud ha afirmado en varias ocasiones NO ser el abogado del Sr. Athukorala

Lo que yo haga o deje de hacer no es de su incumbencia. Yo le escribo a quien yo quiera, lo que yo quiera, cuando yo quiera.

Yo le sugiero a Ud.: no pierda su tiempo en sus comunicaciones conmigo y dedíquese a trabajar para la causa de su "cliente". Empléese a fondo, Sr. Suero, para que pueda justificar sus honorarios.

Sé que en su estrategia no estaba contemplada la respuesta de la Sra. Zemialkowski a sus malsanas presiones y falsas acusaciones. Sé que nada de lo actual se encontraba previsto por Uds. y que no les debe resultar agradable el ver sus predicciones derrumbarse sin nada que hacer al respecto.

Tambien sé que Ud. firmó un affidavit dirigido a la corte en Massachusetts en la que opinaba sobre la ciudadania de la Sra. Zemialkowski, en el sentido de que ella no la ostentaba. Alli mostró Ud. completo desconocimiento sobre la más elemental de nuestras leyes: La Constitucion de la República Dominicana.

Ya conozco de su manera de manejarse y las referencias que tengo suyas me impiden hacerme una idea positiva de su calidad como abogado. Para decírselo en un lenguaje más llano, que de seguro entenderá mejor: no es Ud. más que un mediocre.

Le reto a someterme por las violaciones que Ud. entienda pertinentes. Sus amenazas vacias no me intimidan.

Avíseme si desea llevar este asunto a un nivel más personal, para enfrentarle en el terreno de su elección.

José A. Grullón

P. D. : ¿Dónde está el acto de alguacil que mencionó?

==============================================================
Hello Dhan. Did you miss me?
Mon, March 15, 2010 8:51:36 PM

Hello Dhan. Did you miss me?

Apparently you have been talking to your mummy lawyer behind my back... Naughty, naughty boy you Dhan

Let me put it to you straight: Nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will save you from what I'll bring to you. You know it has started already.

Keep in touch

Jose

=========================================================
What's Up?
Tue, March 16, 2010 8:33:04 PM

Hi Fraud

According to your "lawyer", you have instructed him to sue me. I really doubt you might have done something like that since you are not man enough to do it. Neither of you are man enough to do that

Anyway, I'm waiting... and I'm very good at waiting

I have all the time in the world to wait for you, patiently...

Jose
=============================================================
Why did you erase my post? What are you afraid I might post?
Tue, March 16, 2010 8:42:23 PM

Do you think that's gonna change anything? I told you it has already started. You don't seem to be paying attention Dhan

Bad boy

Say hi to your mom and your brother for me.

Jose

================================================
Hello Again
Sun, March 21, 2010 1:50:00 PM

How are you today Fraud?

I'm so glad all your lies will soon be uncovered. Your position weakens by the minute.

Tic... Toc... Tic... Toc...

Do you think you can scare me off with your threats? I don't care what you say, I don't care what you post.

Go ahead and post this email also, post everything you want... Enjoy yourself for now. You will not be able to hide the judgment. You will not be able to hide yourself.

BTW, I sent you regards with your "lawyers", did you get the message?

See you Fraud

Offline ananddad

• Left Behind Parent
Re: The opposing legal team and their tactics
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 06:46:18 AM »
Is he (Jose Grullon) really a lawyer? I have serious doubts. These emails and the posts on this forum are too brazen to be attributed to a lawyer. We all hear stories of crooked lawyers. But we rarely ever hear of lawyers resorting to taunting the opposite party....and do it in a way that may directly implicate them.
"In the end, everything will be okay. If it's not okay, then you have not reached the end." -- Unknown.

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 06:59:57 AM »
Is he (Jose Grullon) really a lawyer? I have serious doubts. These emails and the posts on this forum are too brazen to be attributed to a lawyer. We all hear stories of crooked lawyers. But we rarely ever hear of lawyers resorting to taunting the opposite party....and do it in a way that may directly implicate them.

From what I can tell, Jose Grullon is not a real Attorney, though I am not really sure.   We (my Attorney in the Dominican Republic) asked the Dominican Republic's BAR whether he is one and they responded that he is not;  Here is their official response:

There was another recent and high profile case of another individual named Jorge Puello who also claimed to be an Attorney from the Dominican Republic and tried to represent the American missionaries in Haiti who were accused of Child Abduction.  He turned out to be an imposter and was actually recently arrested in Santo Domingo by DR authorities together with US Marshals.

Not sure if this is a problem in the DR.

Considering Jose Grullon's flip flops from representing himself to authorities here in Massachusetts as an Attorney as well as to a newspaper but then representing himself in the DR courts as an assistant I think we can draw some conclusions.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 07:01:47 AM by dhanika »

Offline UD_student

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:40:15 PM »
Well, that person sounds absurd and I commend you for not responding to anything he has emailed you. Is is disgusting the level he has stooped to. If only the courts there would recognize it and it would reflect horribly on the mother of your child!

Offline forthelost

• For the Lost
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:02:11 PM »
He sounds like a real... well, I don't think I should print that here, in english or spanish.  :rolleyes:

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
That's awful. Can your attorney submit this to the judge in some way?  I don't think your ex's attorney or assistant should be able to taunt you in this way, I don't think they should even contact you. Shouldn't all contact go through your attorney? He sounds very threatening to me and I would be very angry. It should be reported to somebody.  

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 08:09:35 PM »
Okay, I did google translate for the one email in spanish.....I think I would shoot him in the foot and let my dog eat him  :madgo 

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »
I have been informed by my Attorney in the Dominican Republic that he received a communication from the opposing Attorney representing Kali Soleil's abductor that she was no longer representing the abductor.   Attorney Dilia Leticia Jorge Mera, who was the primary Attorney representing Kali Soleil's abductor, in her communication with my Attorney told him that she had warned Mr. Jose Grullon to stop his behavior towards me and my Attorney but that Mr. Grullon persisted and this resulted in her decision to drop the case.

It seems that Attorney Mera has ethical standards that she will not compromise on and should be credited for not standing up to this behavior.

Offline tweinstein

• Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:47 AM »
It seems that Attorney Mera has ethical standards that she will not compromise on and should be credited for not standing up to this behavior.
This is exactly what we were discussing before. It's a good thing that she figured this out before she got too involved in the case.  :hihi For Attorney Mera!

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 10:22:28 AM »
I have been informed by my Attorney in the Dominican Republic that he received a communication from the opposing Attorney representing Kali Soleil's abductor that she was no longer representing the abductor.   Attorney Dilia Leticia Jorge Mera, who was the primary Attorney representing Kali Soleil's abductor, in her communication with my Attorney told him that she had warned Mr. Jose Grullon to stop his behavior towards me and my Attorney but that Mr. Grullon persisted and this resulted in her decision to drop the case.

Does Mr. Grullon work for Attorney Mera? 

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 10:43:22 AM »
Fantastic news.  She sounded like a very competent attorney with a strong background in family and international law.  I was concerned when you said she was representing your daughter's mother.  Lucky for you she also has a conscience and a code of ethics.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »
Fantastic news.  She sounded like a very competent attorney with a strong background in family and international law.  I was concerned when you said she was representing your daughter's mother.  Lucky for you she also has a conscience and a code of ethics.

Not that it means much but Kali Soleil's abductor has gone through about 4 or 5 Attorneys in the DR.  She also went through 2 Attorneys in Massachusetts.

In the Dominican Republic there are only two Attorneys registered on iaml.org (International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers) one is my Attorney and the other one is this Attorney that just dropped representation of Kali Soleil's abductor.

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »

Gail from what I understand Mr. Grullon does not work for the same law-firm that Attorney Mera works for but was trying to 'assist' her on this particular case.  I do not even know if he has any background in law.  He apparently is a CEO of an insurance company in the Dominican Republic (http://segurosonline.com.do/).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 11:52:59 AM by dhanika »

Offline sue

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 05:00:34 PM »

Gail from what I understand Mr. Grullon does not work for the same law-firm that Attorney Mera works for but was trying to 'assist' her on this particular case.  I do not even know if he has any background in law.  He apparently is a CEO of an insurance company in the Dominican Republic (http://segurosonline.com.do/).
I ask that because I'm now wondering if he is involved with your ex in some way.

Offline dhanika

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2010, 11:14:08 AM »
I ask that because I'm now wondering if he is involved with your ex in some way.

I would agree with you completely.  It is very likely there is close connection to Kali Soleil's abductor given the tactics involved.  The words/tone being used are also eerily familiar to those used in the custody dispute here in MA by her Attorneys.