Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Resources for LBPs  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
Resources for LBPs
« on: June 23, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
I've noticed people sometimes post various resources for LBPs on the comment threads of articles about David's case so I thought I would save them for the forum as I come across them. I trust this is ok - please change the title as you see fit.

Here's one from a CNN blog - hopefully all of you will get to this point soon.

Find the Childlren has a reunification program with therapists trained in working with abducted children and their parents. Its 6-8 weeks of free therapy. It was started in 1991 with a grant from the Justice Department and is the only one of its kind in the country. We would be happy to help Mr. Goldman and Sean. Children cannot be reunified without special and long term help.

Karen Strickland
Executive Director
Find the Children

I'll look through my notes for any others that I've squirrelled away.

Offline SageDad

• Father of Sage
  • Left Behind Parent
  • Veteran Member
    • HagueAbductions.com
Re: Resources for LBPs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:19:06 AM »
Thanks for posting this Lexi.  I wasn't aware of the reunification program and I've seen it asked if any such program existed a couple times .  I plan to learn more about it.  Another couple good resources are:

NCMEC -> A little bit of everything (must contact)

Project HOPE -> Grief Counseling from other LBP's.  This can be invaluable to a parent that has recently had their child abducted and is having a hard time coping with the stress and depression.  If they don't call you back just call them again.  They try to match you with a parent in a simliar situation.  I don't think they ever did match me or call me back but I talked to someone on their hotline for about 20 minutes and remember feeling a lot better afterwards.
“What you seek is seeking you.”
― Rumi

Offline vipermann1

• Left Behind Parent
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 12:48:15 PM »
Sorry to ask, but what is "LBP"?

Offline rachelle4

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »
Quote from: vipermann1;38186
Sorry to ask, but what is "LBP"?
Left Behind Parent
Please see this thread for other common abbreviations used on this website
http://bringseanhome.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1106&highlight=abbreviations

Offline heatheram29

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 04:21:17 PM »
LBP = Left Behind Parent

Hey guys. I've been getting emails from this group about their upcoming webinars. Someone had suggested I write to them asking about a group discount. I did a few weeks ago, but they never responded and I never followed up. Anyway, it's tomorrow, if you're interested:

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: heatheram29@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:54:48 PM
Subject: Want to learn more about Parental Alienation?? Tune in tomorrow....

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here [/FONT][/COLOR]

Parental Alienation Webinar Series  
sponsored by PAAO and A Center for Human Potential.
[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]Scheduled Events June 25, 2009 June 28, 2009 Webinar Series Schedule
Dear heather,

Tomorrow PAAO and  A Center for Human Potential will bring you more of the series of webinars on Parental Alienation. To register, please go to http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102621016524&s=7154&e=001ifSwxGAzwltgYWUamWJN6tcz4sBwQTiyRBiOSPPGyzfG2hVEG2qwQafGLBVXkQRhhbtAEQtHbEta5CEDCYEZabvHMufUqzSUkktanYxhu0-P0bOWFupyjNnXb7jO5LCOP1VZczarURl8lbvett72pg==. Space is limited, so hurry to reserve your spot! The 2nd set will start TOMORROW!

Some of you have asked if we will be recording these. Some sessions may be recorded, but it is unclear how the software will record, so we cannot guarantee recordings being available after the fact. Don't miss out! Join us for the webinars this week!

Webinars are online seminars. Meaning you can hear and see the presenter, and their presentation, sitting at home on your computer. All you need are speakers and an internet connection (and flash player on your browser http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=BUIGP
)
. You can even ask questions live to the presenter.  
June 25, 20092 PM - 3 PM EST  

3:30 PM - 4:30 PM EST

8 PM - 9 PM EST

9:30 PM - 10:30 PM EST  

Dr. Michael Bone - Dealing with Parental Alienation; Remedies and Treatment  
Dr. Jayne Major - The Pathology of an Alienator

Dr. Abe Worenklein - Identifying Alienating Behaviours

Brian Ludmer - Legal perspectives on Parental Alienation  

June 28, 2009 11 AM - 12 PM EST  
7 PM -8 PM EST  
Dr. Reena Sommer - False Allegations of Sexual Abuse  
Parental Alienation Awareness Annual General Meeting.
This is a members event.
Please tune in for the Board of Directors election results and the Organizational update from the Board.

Book your spot now!! Space is limited. Only $10/webinar* or less! Don't miss your chance to hear some great speakers live and learn more about Parental Alienation and the aspects that surround it. For more information, go to www.paawareness.org

Sincerely,

Parental Alienation Awareness Organization Sarvy Emo, Robert Samery, Roger van Maris, JoAnn Harjes, Tammy Haeberlin, Nora Renzulli

Forward email
This email was sent to heatheram29@yahoo.com by info@paawareness.org.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.
Email Marketing by
Parental Alienation Awareness Organization | http://www.paawareness.org | . | 416-840-5654 | Canada[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 07:31:51 PM »
Quote from: carlos;38066
Thanks for posting this Lexi. I wasn't aware of the reunification program and I've seen it asked if any such program existed a couple times . I plan to learn more about it. Another couple good resources are:

NCMEC -> A little bit of everything (must contact)

Project HOPE -> Grief Counseling from other LBP's. This can be invaluable to a parent that has recently had their child abducted and is having a hard time coping with the stress and depression. If they don't call you back just call them again. They try to match you with a parent in a simliar situation. I don't think they ever did match me or call me back but I talked to someone on their hotline for about 20 minutes and remember feeling a lot better afterwards.

You're most welcome Carlos. Glad if it proves to be helpful.

Offline Lexi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »
INTERNATIONAL PARENTAL ABDUCTION ATTORNEYS

I had come come across this interesting news release (dated Sep 2006) about a pro bono International ChildFind program. Some LBPs may already be aware of it since the firm is affiliated with NCMEC but just in case...

http://www.sandw.com/news-108.html

PRIVATE INVESTIGATORS

Came across this on a blog about Sean. See post onJanuary 31, 2009 at 3:41 am.

Here's the link to the firm:

http://www.pjisgroup.com/

(I haven't had any personal dealings with either firm)

Offline Sashia

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:51:15 PM »
Quote from: Lexi;47678
INTERNATIONAL PARENTAL ABDUCTION ATTORNEYS

I had come come across this interesting news release (dated Sep 2006) about a pro bono International ChildFind program. Some LBPs may already be aware of it since the firm is affiliated with NCMEC but just in case...

http://www.sandw.com/news-108.htmlLooking

While looking at that blog I also noticed this post and thought, "what a good idea".

on January 30, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Reply Carl
I saw the story on TV and as a dad of a 18mth old, i commend David’s restrain. I hope that this is finally resolved in his favor. My prayers and thoughts are with the Goldman’s family.
To bring negative attention to Brazilian, is to mass protest at a Brazilian soccer game.
Carl

Are there any soccer games against Brazil slated for anywhere in the U.S.?

Offline ProudDaddy

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:12:15 PM »
Quote from: Sashia;47695
While looking at that blog I also noticed this post and thought, "what a good idea".

on January 30, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Reply Carl
I saw the story on TV and as a dad of a 18mth old, i commend David’s restrain. I hope that this is finally resolved in his favor. My prayers and thoughts are with the Goldman’s family.
To bring negative attention to Brazilian, is to mass protest at a Brazilian soccer game.
Carl

Are there any soccer games against Brazil slated for anywhere in the U.S.?
Nope. Brazil and US are already classified for the 2010 World Cup, and maybe they play against each other there. But hopefully by then Sean will be watching the match at his home in NJ. Not sure for which team he will cheer, though...

Online wicasa

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 02:29:31 PM »
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting